I love soup. And I LOVE beans. Therefore, I love LOVE bean soup. I have a great recipe for white bean soup, which is lovely in the fall and winter. I’ll share it when the temperature drops below 70 degrees … Continue reading
Tag Archives: mess
One Lovely Blog Award: Take II
To Amber at http://wordsbecomesuperfluous.com/, thank you for sharing the love and nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award!
In accepting this award, it is my pleasure to complete the following:
- Write a post linking back to the person that nominated me.
- Tell seven things about myself.
- Pass on this award to some wonderful blogs by linking their sites to this post and notifying them of their nominations.
Seven things about me:
- When I am interested in something new, I become obsessed and want to know everything about that something and/or be good at that something immediately.
- I can make a horrific mess in the kitchen. My dad says I must be a good cook if I can make such a big mess.
- I learn best by observation.
- I have an overactive imagination. This is very helpful in my profession as I need to be creative and able to visualize spaces. This is very unhelpful if I am home alone, have just read a murder mystery, and my house is making settling noises.
- I love fall.
- For the past 10 years, I have vacillated between wanting short hair and long hair. Every couple of years, after growing my hair out, I chop off a solid 10 inches or so. I’ve done this 3 or 4 times now. When I was younger, I did the same thing with bangs. Every year or 2, I would grow out my bangs (not a good look) and then, when they had finally grown to the length of my hair, I would chop them off. And then I would cry about it. I’m sure my mother was not pleased with this pattern.
- Siri freaks me out a little bit.
To my lovely nominees: thank you for sharing your passions, talents, wisdom, and adventures.
Y’all hurry back!
Packing for Paris
My wee sister, Eugene, is shipping off to Paris for a semester abroad. In case you were wondering, I’ve just spent a weekend at a wedding with a bunch of Irish people and “wee” is now a part of my … Continue reading
Today’s temperatures in Middle Tennessee were nearly record-breaking. My Jeep’s reading… At 6:35 PM. I don’t even want to think about what the temperature was in the early afternoon. Somehow, I did not melt. Today was my day off so … Continue reading