Rainy days inspire in me a spirit of reflection. Today, I found myself deep in thought about recent events in my life and those coming up. Rainy days also provide me with great clarity on the things right before my eyes. Here are the thoughts that came to mind while sitting at a traffic light on my way home:
- I think it’s time for new windshield wipers.
- I love October. There is relief from the heat of summer and the holiday season is just around the corner.
- I survived big girl Sunday school yesterday. I had been talking about going for weeks, but had some irrational fear that I would be put on the spot to recite the bible in its entirety. When I told Grandmother I was a little scared to go, she reminded me that this year I moved 1000 miles away from my home of 13 years on my own to a city where I knew no one. She thought I could manage a new Sunday school class. She was right.
- I can’t wait to wear boots.
- The new season of Dexter began last night. Per usual, I had nightmares after watching it, even though I love it and subject myself to it willingly. I woke up at 6:23AM in a panic and almost got up out of bed to make sure my deadbolts were locked. My alarm clock was due to go off in 37 minutes and the sun was going to rise momentarily, so I decided I was probably safe and rolled over.
- I wore a sweater to work today and I didn’t sweat. I guess Fall is actually here.
- I was asking one of my clients today if she had any pets other than her golden retriever. She said, “Only peeves.” For a moment, I racked my brain, trying to recall if that is a type of fish or rodent, and then I burst out laughing. People are funny.
- I’m hosting Christmas at my apartment this year for my immediate family. I’m so excited that I can hardly keep it together.
- I think I’m going to grow my hair out. It’s currently just below my shoulders and I’m at that crossroads where I need to decide if I’m going to have it shaped to my normal just –above-the-shoulders-do or if I’m going to grow it out and become dangerous with a curling iron.
- My clients’ almost-two-year-old daughter said my name today. She was also calling her overalls her “backpack,” so this was a pretty big deal.
Y’all stay dry,
Emily, you will thrive not just survive in any situation. We are so excited for Christmas.
Haha, I like number 6! It’s still 30C here (ridiculously warm for this time of year), I so want to wear a sweater and not sweat too!
Ha ha…loved this post. Everyday life, simply expressed! My favorite was number five!